Our compounding pharmacy specializes in sterile compounding and is equipped with a state of the art ISO Class 7 sterile room that is required for the production of sterile preparations. We are the only licensed, sterile PCAB accredited pharmacy between Houston, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi. Our set up exceeds the requirements set by the USP 795, 797, and 1116 guidelines. These ensure that we exceed the highest standards required for sterile production. This level of commitment to our patients centers around their knowledge that our sterile compounds are indeed sterile and safe to use.
Sterile preparations individually compounded by our laboratory and available with a valid doctor’s prescription include:
- Erectile Dysfunction Injections- TRIMIX • Nasal Sprays – HCG, oxytocin, glutathione, methylcobalamin, lidocaine
- Eye Drops – we make a wide variety of eye drops. Can’t find what you are looking for on the market; contact our pharmacist to see if we can compound what you are looking for.
- Nutritional Injections – methylcobalamin, Vitamin C, Vitamin B complex, glutathione, phosphatidylcholine, zinc
- Other – DMSO/lidocaine/heparin/hydrocortisone Bladder irrigations used in urology
Sterile Compounding: Strict Policies and Procedures
These medications are compounded in our specially designed and constructed Clean Room. In this environment, Central Drug s skilled pharmacists prepare your medications according to USP 795 and USP 797 guidelines, the regulatory standard for the compounding of sterile pharmaceutical preparations. These procedures include:
- Lab testing of finished products, both in-house and independently
- Monitoring with environmental microbiology sampling
- Monitoring the particle count of the sterile environment
- Proper cleaning and maintenance routines
- Routine outside certification of our laminar flow hood
- Routine testing of our pharmacy staff’s sterile technique
- Proper staff grooming and gowning before entering critical sterile areas